Tuesday, November 4, 2008
So I just voted in my first election ever. As I was heading towards my voting site, I actually got a little emotional thinking about what I was about to do. How coincidental that something so big for me was something so MONUMENTAL for America too! My first time voting will be a HUGE part of history. I hope I make the right choice (clearly the decision is entirely up to me).

I got motivation to wake up at 6:30 a.m. and go for a run. I had a snack of light rye bread with about 1 tsp PB and a dab of jelly. I also drank a big glass of water. I ran straight for about 1 mile - half a mile to the track, and two laps when I got there. There were two points where I wanted to stop but I simply counted to ten and that kind of got me to keep going. I walked for about half a lap and ran the rest of the way. I think I pushed myself a little too hard because I had some pain in my back again today. I plan on going to the gym tomorrow to do some cross-training, and possibly a mile on the treadmil to see how quickly I can do it.
When I got back I had a "lighter" version of my typical oatmeal, since I had the pre-workout snack and my run wasn't extremely draining. I used....

Kashi Truly Vanilla Instant Oatmeal





A little over 2 tbsp !% Milkfat Whipped Cottage Cheese




About 1 tbsp. Naturally More Peanut Butter

Yumm! I also added 1/4 of an apple - finely chopped. It was yummy yummy and about 350 calories. I did 30 minutes of walking in between my Kidsports classes - meaning I got a good amount of exercise including my run this morning. BUT - I'm feeling a little antsy (maybe because of the election winding down?) so I think I may go for a super-quick gym session. I'll possibly be back later to tell you how the gym went!

Erin - are you going as crazy as I am right now?

Truly,

Casey (ahhhhh I VOTED TODAY)

posted by TrailofTwoSisters at 5:31 PM |

0 Comments: