Sunday, November 2, 2008
Sorry for no posts yesterday, quite a busy day of recovering from a Halloween hangover, running THROUGH that hangover, and many other weekend activities. It's funny that I am talking as if millions of people are reading this, when in fact I don't even know if anyone else besides myself or my sister has! That's okay though - the more work we put into it, AND as soon as I can post pictures, the better and hopefully more popular it will become. We'll see though =).

Yesterday morning I woke up around 8:30 a.m. (having gone to sleep at about 4:30 a.m.) and had a quick snack of light rye bread with PB and a little jelly plus a BIG glass of water and two advil! An hour later, as Mark was still sleeping, I snuck out and went for a quick run. I ran at an easy pace for a little over a half mile until I reached the track. I walked on the track for about one minute before starting up again. I'm not gonna lie - it was pretty bad. I was definitely feeling the night before. From there, I ran at an easy pace pretty consistently stopping once to walk for another minute. When I finished, I started walking home and about 1 minute later I ran the rest of the way. In total, it was a little over 2 miles but I got through it despite feeling crappy. I came home and made breakfast for Mark and my grandmother, then passed out for about 3 hours to regain some of the sleep I lost!

Today I needed to get some cleaning done so I decided to incorporate exercise into cleaning, thus creating - CARDIO CLEAN! Here's what I did while cleaning the floors...

Almost everything in 10's pretty much...
* 5 regular pushups
* 10 "modified" pushups
* 10 oblique crunches (each side)
* 10 bench dips (realllly worked the arms)
* 3 sets of random arm exercises with 10 reps each
* Alternate between 10 jumping jacks, 10 side jumps - 2 times

Then I would continue mopping the floor for several minutes, while doing squats, lunges, and leg raises at the same time! I did the whole cycle about 3 times and I'm sure I looked ridiculous but I'm also sure I burned some serious calories!

For lunch I had a grilled chicken wrap with lettuce, tomato, and fresh mozzarella. I pretty much ate half - and didn't even eat the bread - I subbed a slice of WW bread instead. There wasn't too much mozzarella so I don't think it was an overload. I also had some spinach salad with sliced granny smith apples and cherry tomatoes.

After lunch I took Shea for about a 2 mile walk. She's finally going outside instead of on her wee-wee pads! I'm so proud of my little satan dog. We made PLENTY of friends outside including two dogs who I'm pretty sure wanted to eat Shea for a nice mid-afternoon snack. Shea did not really acknowledge this. She doesn't realize she lives in Brooklyn, New York and has to develop some street smarts. At this age - street smarts to her mean actually STAYING OUT of the street. I think she was destined for suburbia. Sigh.

I am currently enjoying a nice, extremely strange snack of 1/4 cup of Honey Bunches of Oats Strawberry cereal with 1 tsp Fage and 1 tsp PB. Just a quick snack to hold me over until din din. I am planning to hopefully take another 2 mile walk with Mark a little later in the evening - I'm a walking machine today! I'm trying to stay away from running for a few days because my lower back is in a lot of pain. I think I've been pushing myself a little too much a little too quickly into the training. I guess I'll have to take it slowly and not try to be a running pro in only a few weeks =( .

I'm off to enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Casey
posted by TrailofTwoSisters at 1:07 PM |

0 Comments: